Impact Resistant Windows and Doors for Coastal Areas
Let Window Depot USA of the Emerald Coast help you Storm Proof your Florida home
Importance of Laminated Glass
During a storm, if a building is breached through a broken window, wind may enter the structure and cause an increase in air pressure. This vacuum effect could lift the roof and collapse the walls. Laminated glass helps preserve the structure, keeping wind and other elements outside.
Impact-Resistant Laminated Glass
Similar to the glass used in car windshields and aircraft windows, 8800’s insulating glass features an impact-resistant plastic interlayer that is bonded between two pieces of glass under heat and pressure. The interlayer remains adhered to the glass fragments and resists penetration, even if the glass pane is broken – protecting against flying debris and hurricane-force winds. In addition, laminated glass guards against forced entry – resisting repeated impacts from hammers, bricks or similar weapons. It also helps to control unwanted outside noise from entering the home and filters out 99% of the sun’s most damaging rays that fade carpets and draperies.
The Benefits of Impact-Resistant Windows and Doors
- Protection from Severe Weather: Impact-resistant windows are designed to withstand high winds, heavy rain, flying debris, and hail associated with hurricanes, tropical storms, and other severe weather events. They help protect your home’s interior from water damage and structural damage caused by wind pressure.
- Enhanced Safety: These windows are constructed with laminated glass that holds together even when shattered, reducing the risk of injury from flying glass shards during storms or break-ins.
- Burglar Resistance: Impact-resistant windows provide an additional layer of security for your home. The toughened glass is more difficult to break, making it a deterrent for potential intruders.
- Noise Reduction: The laminated glass used in impact-resistant windows also helps reduce outside noise, creating a quieter and more comfortable living environment.
- Insurance Premium Reduction: In some coastal areas, having impact-resistant windows installed can lead to reduced insurance premiums as they are considered a safety improvement.
- Increased Property Value: The presence of impact-resistant windows can enhance the resale value of your home, making it more attractive to potential buyers who value safety and energy efficiency.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your home is equipped with impact-resistant windows provides peace of mind during hurricane season or when severe weather strikes. You can feel confident that your family and belongings are protected.
- Longevity: Impact-resistant windows are designed to be highly durable and long-lasting, which reduces the need for frequent replacements or repairs.
- Reduced Maintenance: Compared to some traditional windows, impact-resistant windows often require less maintenance, such as painting or resealing, over time.
DESIGNED FOR IMPACT.
When it comes to impact-resistant windows and doors for coastal areas, the frame system, laminated glass, and sealant must work together to resist the catastrophic forces applied during severe weather.
IMPACT WINDOW FEATURES
- Heavy Duty 3 ¼” Frame
- Strategically Reinforced Vinyl Extrusions
- Strong Thick-walled Vinyl Profiles
- Precision-mitered, Fusion-welded Frames and Sash
- Sealed, Multi-hollow Chambers
- Dual-pane 1″ Impact-resistant Laminated Glass
- Standard, Energy-efficient Low E / Argon
- Architecturally-beveled Vinyl Profiles
- Corrosion-resistant Components
- High-performance Glazing Compound
Discover peace of mind with Impact Windows and Doors by Window Depot USA of the Emerald Coast. Our solutions ensure your home and family are safeguarded, offering the curb appeal you desire coupled with the energy efficiency you deserve.